Our early intervention services consist of training, advice and brief interventions and services to people who use drugs, alcohol or gambling.
Early intervention services include:
- Screening and brief advice, a short 10-20 minute session providing information on alcohol, drugs and gambling
- Brief interventions, offering up to six sessions of structured support and help accessing other services as needed for alcohol, drug and gambling problems
- Group work through a six-session Life Change course providing information and advice
- Alcohol, drug and gambling awareness training to professionals, agencies and community groups
- Information on our website, including self-help materials
- Advice and information at health events, festivals and targeted promotional events
- Family support, providing advice and support to families affected by a loved one’s drug, alcohol or gambling use
- Brief interventions and advice for those arrested for alcohol related offences
- Education and rehabilitation through our DRIVE course for those convicted of drink driving offences.
We have services specifically supported young people, and services tailored for BAME communities.