Volunteers and Peer Mentors
We recognise that many people who have used our services are highly motivated and want to give something back through volunteering and peer mentoring.
Peer mentors and volunteers make a valuable contribution to the organisation and promote the following:
- Meeting, greeting and hospitality
- Administrative support
- Assisting with structured groups – Staying Stopped, Life Change and DRIVE
- Running social activity groups – music, art, gardening, social outings
- Befriending – home visits, accompanying people to the shops, hospital/GP
- Accompanying staff on initial home visits
- Providing one-to-one support.
All volunteers and peer mentors undergo training and are supervised and supported by Volunteer and Peer Mentor Coordinators.
We are proud that so many of our volunteers are people who have used our services or have otherwise had lived experience – but volunteering is open to everyone. Have a look at the different ways you can volunteer for Recovery Focus and learn more about how you can get involved.