Launch of Lived Experience statement
We’re happy to announce the launch of our Lived Experience statement which outlines the importance of lived experience across Recovery Focus.
We champion lived experience and encourage our staff, volunteers and the people we support with lived experience to share and learn from each other. We encourage applications for all our roles from people with lived experience, knowing the benefit this can bring to the quality of support we offer.
Lived experience matters because it helps to:
- Enhance the support provided
- Reduce stigma and isolation
- Inspire colleagues
- Increase the value of diversity
- Attract more people to available roles
- Improve decision making having staff with lived experiences at all levels.